Debuchy jumped at Arsenal move
Mathieu Debuchy believes he is ready to make a step up in his career after moving to Arsenal from Newcastle last month.
- McNicholas: Will Podolski survive the transfer window?
Debuchy made a reported 12 million-pound move to the Emirates and has spoken about the switch in an interview with the club's magazine.
"It was the right time for me to make this big step forward and this big move," stated Debuchy. "I have learnt a lot in the last two years from playing at Euro 2012 and the World Cup this summer, by discovering the Premier League as well.
"I am much more experienced. This was the perfect move for me to continue to improve and to win trophies too.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your squad | New names
- David Silva and Romelu Lukaku in hot fantasy form
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
"When my agents told me Arsenal were interested, I said 'yes' straight away. There was no question, no debate, no doubt, nothing. You don't turn down a club like Arsenal. A lot of players would like to be in my shoes right now.
"This is another dimension. If you compare the training grounds for example, nothing at Lille or Newcastle can match the Arsenal one. It is another world.
"Everything here is made to optimise your preparation and you as a player. So you can be in the best condition to play and win football games."
Debuchy got his hands on a trophy in his first major game at Arsenal, as he played his part in their Community Shield win against Manchester City at Wembley last Sunday.