Wayne Rooney's 200 Premier League goals for Everton, Manchester United
Wayne Rooney scored his 200th Premier League goal on Monday night when he netted for Everton in their 1-1 draw at Manchester City.
The 31-year-old became only the second player to reach the milestone after Alan Shearer, who is the competition's top scorer, with 260 goals.
Rooney's landmark came at the start of his second spell at boyhood club Everton, for whom he made his debut at the age of 16. He was 16 years and 360 days old when he netted his first Premier League goal in October 2002 to help Everton beat Arsenal, making him the youngest Premier League goal scorer at the time.
The forward left Goodison Park for Manchester United in 2004 for £25 million, the highest fee paid for a teenager at the time. During his 13 years at Old Trafford, he won five Premier League titles, three League Cups, one FA Cup, one Champions League, one Europa League and one FIFA Club World Cup before returning to Everton.
Here are the key numbers, facts and stats around Rooney's 200 Premier League goals.
GOAL, EVERTON! Wayne Rooney scores his 200th Premier League goal!— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 21, 2017
Man City 0-1 Everton pic.twitter.com/cjoJl666rv
HOW MANY HE HAS SCORED
Total Premier League games: 462
Total Premier League goals: 200
Goals for Everton: 17 goals
Goals for Manchester United: 183 -- the most in the Premier League by any player for one single club
Highest tally of Premier League goals in one season: 27 (2011-12)
Lowest tally of Premier League goals in one season: 5 (2016-17)
HOW HE SCORED THEM
Right foot: 153
Left foot: 26
Inside the box: 173
Outside the box: 27
Direct free kicks: 7
WHOM HE SCORED AGAINST
14 goals: Newcastle
13: Aston Villa
11: Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United
10: Fulham, Portsmouth
9: Bolton Wanderers, Manchester City
Only Shearer has double-figure goal tallies against more Premier League opponents -- 12, to Rooney's seven.
Rooney has scored Premier League goals against 35 different opponents in all.
Always nice to see a few familiar faces 😂👋🏼 pic.twitter.com/pr15fYfG7q— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) August 21, 2017
WHERE HE SCORED THEM
Old Trafford: 101
Goodison Park: 11
St James' Park: 8
Upton Park: 7
White Hart Lane: 7
PREMIER LEAGUE ALL-TIME TOP SCORERS (* = still active)
1. Alan Shearer (Blackburn, Newcastle) -- 260
2. Wayne Rooney (Everton, Manchester United) -- 200*
3. Andrew Cole (Newcastle, Manchester United, Blackburn, Fulham, Manchester City, Portsmouth) -- 187
4. Frank Lampard (West Ham, Chelsea, Manchester City) -- 177
5. Thierry Henry (Arsenal) -- 175
6. Robbie Fowler (Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester City) -- 163
7. Jermain Defoe (West Ham, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Bournemouth) -- 158*
8. Michael Owen (Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester United, Stoke) -- 150
9. Les Ferdinand (QPR, Newcastle, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Bolton) -- 149
10. Teddy Sheringham (Nottingham Forest, Tottenham, Manchester United, Portsmouth, West Ham) -- 146
Information from the Press Association was used in this report.
Follow ESPN Stats & Information on Twitter @ESPNStatsInfo