Manuel Pellegrini wants Mesut Ozil as Man City plans for life after Toure
The window might be closed, but Transfer Talk never sleeps! Today, we turn our attention to Arsenal's troubled German star...
City target Ozil as Toure replacement
Speculation that Arsenal ace Mesut Ozil wants to leave the Emirates continues to abound in the British press. Just a week after the 26-year-old had to deny reports that linked him with a move to Bayern Munich, another story has surfaced claiming that a move to Premier League champions Manchester City is on the cards.
Metro say that City boss Manuel Pellegrini has ordered his board to make a 32 million pound move for Ozil in January as the Citizens plan for life without Yaya Toure.
The Gunners are apparently prepared to cash in on the mercurial German, whose sale would almost double the 42 million pounds that Arsene Wenger already has to spend in the winter window.
Moore City-Arsenal news
While they might be sitting peacefully at the negotiation table over Ozil, The Mirror reports that Arsenal and Manchester City will be at war in January when it comes to the signature of Leicester City starlet Liam Moore.
The England Under-21 international turned in some impressive performances during Leicester's promotion to the top flight, and with decent young English defenders currently at a premium, both Wenger and Pellegrini will need to be prepared to pay way more than the 5 million pounds Fulham offered for Moore last January.
Man United go back to Guarin
The Fredy Guarin to Manchester United story seemed to pop up every now and then during the summer transfer window, but no deal ever materialised.
However, the move could well be on again in January say The Daily Star, with Inter Milan keen to shift the Colombian off their books in an effort to reduce their massive wage will.
The 28-year-old may finally get his dream move to Old Trafford as Ed Woodward and his team look to further rebuild the fallen champions.
ALL-TIME HIGHEST TRANSFER FEES
1) £85m Gareth Bale -- Tottenham to Real Madrid, Sept. 2013
2) £80m Cristiano Ronaldo -- Man Utd to R. Madrid, June 2009
3) £75m Luis Suarez -- Liverpool to Barcelona, July 2014
4) £71m James Rodriguez -- Monaco to Real Madrid, July 2014
5) £59.7m Angel Di Maria -- Real Madrid to Man Utd, Aug. 2014
6) £56m Kaka -- AC Milan to Real Madrid, June 2009
- New Schalke boss Roberto Di Matteo is plotting a reunion with his former Chelsea charge Fernando Torres -- that's in The Daily Express.
- Also in The Express, the Gunners and Blues are set to miss out on another transfer target as Barcelona wonderkid Munir El Haddadi edges closer to a new deal.
- The Age says David Villa will take a break from his guest stint at Melbourne City in the Australian A-League to help his family get settled in New York, before returning in the new year.