Transfer Talk: Liverpool set to reject Salah transfer bids from Real, Barca
Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window, and Transfer Talk has the updates on all the latest rumours.
Liverpool to stand firm if Barca, Real chase Salah
Mohamed Salah was compared to Lionel Messi after his four-goal salvo against Watford continued a remarkable season, and now the Telegraph reports that Liverpool "will not sell him this summer under any circumstances."
Salah's spectacular form, which has seen him net 36 goals for the Merseysiders so far, has led to speculation that Barcelona or Real Madrid will soon come calling.
But the Telegraph says the Egypt international "is central to Liverpool's pursuit of honours" and the club will "stand firm and rebuff any approaches" after losing Philippe Coutinho to Barca in January.
It adds that the situation at Anfield is strong enough, with the club in the Champions League quarterfinals, to mean that they are again becoming "an ultimate destination for players rather than a stepping-stone club."
Salah has four years remaining on the contract he signed when he arrived in the summer, and the Telegraph suggests that "few clubs in the world are capable of getting close to affording what he is now worth."
United poised to enter Bellerin race
The Gunners are thought to want around £50 million for right-back Bellerin, who has been linked with his former club Barcelona, as well as Manchester City and Juventus, in recent months.
The Mirror says United "have made discreet inquiries about the 23-year-old's availability and asked to be kept informed," but adds that Juventus remain his likeliest destination.
Spain international Bellerin is under contract at Arsenal until 2023, which means they would be in a position to demand a big fee.
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, set to lose Stephan Lichtsteiner at the end of the season, has made a new right-back a priority.
Spurs will keep trying to land Zaha
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again seems to be Tottenham's approach to Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.
Spurs were strongly linked with Zaha last summer and again in the winter, and the Mail reports that they "are set to go back to Palace with a £40 million bid."
But even that, it adds, might not be enough, and the Eagles "will argue that their 25-year-old winger is worth significantly more."
Zaha returned to action after a knee injury as Palace secured a crucial win at Huddersfield on Saturday, but his time at Selhurst Park could be limited whether or not they survive in the Premier League.
The Mail claims he is also interesting Chelsea and "is likely to leave even if Palace avoid the drop."
-- West Bromwich Albion must surely now be planning for life in the Championship, and the Birmingham Mail reports that Numancia forward Guillermo Fernandez Hierro is a target.
The 24-year-old, who has scored seven goals this season -- two of those against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey -- is thought likely to cost around £2 million.
-- England under-18 midfielder Mackenzie Heaney could be on his way to Norwich City when he leaves Newcastle at the end of the season, the Chronicle reports.
It says Heaney, who has made seven appearances for Newcastle's under-23s this season, has had a trial with the Canaries and they will decide whether to make him an offer.