Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi hands in transfer request amid Bayern Munich pursuit - sources
LONDON -- Callum Hudson-Odoi has handed in a transfer request at Chelsea with Bayern Munich's £35 million offer still on the table, sources have told ESPN FC.
Hudson-Odoi, 18, has been the subject of four bids from Bayern Munich, but Chelsea have been reluctant to let their young star leave and offered him a new contract believed to be in the region of £85,000 a week.
But despite the offer Hudson-Odoi remains keen to leave Chelsea and head to the Bundesliga, with sources saying that Bayern's bid is the only one on the table, despite reported interest from RB Leipzig and Liverpool.
Hudson-Odoi was expected to start for Chelsea in Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Sheffield Wednesday at Stamford Bridge, but this latest development could complicate his involvement in the match.
Chelsea have mounted a public charm offensive in an attempt to change Hudson-Odoi's mind since Bayern's interest in signing him became known, with head coach Maurizio Sarri praising the teenager's improvement in training over recent weeks.
Bayern's public pursuit of Hudson-Odoi has also angered Chelsea and earlier this month sources told ESPN FC that the Blues were prepared to report the German giants to FIFA if evidence were found of an illegal approach to the player or his camp.
Chelsea declined to comment when contacted by ESPN FC.
ESPN writers Tom Hamilton and Liam Twomey contributed to this story.