NYON, Switzerland -- UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
European football's governing body suspended Ademi, 24, for four years last week, but did not identify the substance in his urine sample given after a Champions League match against Arsenal in September.
Stanozolol is best known as the steroid Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was caught using at the 1988 Olympics.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS