Trending: Wayne Rooney hits back at critics after 200th Premier League goal
Tuesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
EVERTON: Wayne Rooney said it was a "sweet moment" to score the 200th Premier League goal of his career in Everton's 1-1 draw at Manchester City on Monday night.
- Rooney also sent a message to critics who thought he was past his prime after reaching the landmark.
- Pep Guardiola says a club could activate Barcelona star Lionel Messi's €300 million buyout clause -- but sources have told ESPN FC that it will not be Manchester City.
- Barcelona defender Lucas Digne aided those wounded in the terrorist attack in the city last week, sources have confirmed ESPN FC.
- Barcelona maintain that Lionel Messi will sign his contract extension despite Joan Laporta's suggestion he could leave if president Josep Maria Bartomeu is not removed from his position.
- Andres Iniesta has warned Barcelona that he could walk away when his contract expires at the end of the season.
MAN CITY: City are preparing an improved bid for West Brom defender Jonny Evans, sources close to both clubs have told ESPN FC.
- Pep Guardiola refused to comment on Kyle Walker's controversial red card in City's 1-1 draw with Everton.
- Fernandinho says Manchester City showed the sort of spirit that wins titles in their 1-1 Premier League draw with Everton on Monday night.
- Guardiola's overly complicated game plan is costing Manchester City points, Mark Ogden writes.
FIFA: Carlos Tevez, Juan Sebastian Veron and Dirk Kuyt have been named by hackers Fancy Bears as three of the players permitted to use otherwise-banned medicines during the 2010 World Cup.
SWANSEA: Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony is closing in on a return to Swansea, sources close to the Welsh club have told ESPN FC.
LIGUE 1: Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has hit out at a possible Kylian Mbappe transfer to Paris Saint-Germain, saying such a move would ruin competition in Ligue 1.
- Aulas' comments come amid speculation PSG are close to agreeing a deal for Mbappe that would involve Lucas Moura going in the opposite direction. More in Transfer Talk.
- Monaco fans are losing patience with Mbappe and have told their club that the teenage forward is not worth the money he is demanding.
- Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas could make a move for Paris Saint-Germain's Grzegorz Krychowiak as they seek to bolster their midfield.
TOTTENHAM: Danny Rose is set for decisive talks with Tottenham Hotspur this week after a breakdown of his relationship with manager Mauricio Pochettino, sources have told ESPN FC, with Manchester United interested in the defender.
- Ajax centre-back Davinson Sanchez is to undergo his Tottenham Hotspur medical on Tuesday, a source has confirmed to ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Andreas Pereira is keen to stay at Manchester United amid interest from Valencia but is set to seek assurances from Jose Mourinho about the opportunities on offer at Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Anthony Martial is convinced that his Manchester United teammate Paul Pogba is a future Ballon d'Or winner.
- Martial is making the most of limited chances for Manchester United, Rob Dawson writes.
- Marcos Rojo trained with Manchester United on Tuesday as he continues his recovery from knee ligament damage.
- Luke Shaw has stepped up his comeback from injury with his first game for nearly four months.
- Shaw has told ESPN FC he is ready to fight for a place in Jose Mourinho's team after returning from injury fitter and fresher.
- WATCH: Are Manchester United the real deal?
AC MILAN: Milan have confirmed the signing of Nikola Kalinic from Serie A rivals Fiorentina on an initial season-long loan deal followed by an obligation to make the move permanent next summer.
ARSENAL: Jack Wilshere was sent off for pushing an opponent while playing for Arsenal's under-23s on Monday in an incident that marred the Gunners' 4-3 win over Manchester City.
- Arsenal must add talent to contend this year, James McNicholas writes.
- Arsenal midfielder Jon Toral is in line to join Hull City on loan, sources close to the Championship club have told ESPN FC.
LEICESTER: Craig Shakespeare says he remains worried the club will receive "acceptable" bids for Riyad Mahrez and Danny Drinkwater in the final days of the window.
LIVERPOOL: Steven Gerrard has urged Liverpool to do everything they can to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton this summer.
CHELSEA: Marseille president Jacques-Henri Eyraud says despite his "complicated contractual situation," Diego Costa could be a target for the Ligue 1 club this summer.
HAMBURG: HSV investor Klaus-Michael Kuhne has said he was only willing to provide funds for the transfer of Andre Hahn if the club kept U.S. international Bobby Wood.
MLS: New York City FC coach Patrick Vieira believes Toronto FC will not be caught in the race for the MLS Supporters' Shield.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.