MANCHESTER, England -- Three points from Manchester United's 0-0 draw with PSV Eindhoven at Old Trafford on matchday five in Champions League Group B.
1. Sterile United near the exit
Manchester United's dullness is starting to be damaging. A stalemate with PSV Eindhoven means they probably need to beat Wolfsburg in Germany if they are to remain in the Champions League. In one sense, little happened at Old Trafford. In another, United made life far more difficult for themselves.
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has praised PSV Eindhoven fans for a "thoughtful" banner as he continues his recovery ahead of Wednesday's Champions League clash at Old Trafford.
Shaw, 20, suffered a double leg break following a sliding challenge by PSV's Hector Moreno in the reverse fixture in Eindhoven on Sept. 15, potentially ending the England international's season.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Jolly: Man Utd nearing exit | Shaw: Hard to watch | Ratings
- Madrid Ratings: Ronaldo finds form | Real still a top team?
- Rzouki: Juve jumpstart | Man City ratings | Ibra goes home
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez and Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca | Johnson: How teams can qualify
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Moreno is set to play at Old Trafford in the Champions League on Wednesday but Van Gaal, who has exonerated the 27-year-old...