Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given will miss his country's crunch European Championship qualifying game against Poland on Sunday with a knee injury.
Given, 39, was carried from the field on a stretcher after damaging his right knee shortly before half-time in Thursday's 1-0 Group D victory over Germany in Dublin.
He will return to his club, Stoke, and Newcastle's Rob Elliot has been drafted in as his replacement.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Rating Klopp's news conference | Why he chose Liverpool
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Walcott central | England
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Top 10 : International rivalries | Vickery on CONMEBOL
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A Football Association of Ireland statement read: "Rob Elliot has...