Valencia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan is expected to be sidelined for at least a month with a knee injury.
Ryan sustained the problem during Sunday's 1-1 home draw against Deportivo La Coruna and tests have revealed a partial tear to his right meniscus.
The Australia international underwent surgery in Valencia on Monday and is set to be sidelined from four to six weeks.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Both clubs lose over De Gea | Utd blame Real
- Laurens: Man Utd gamble on Martial | Deadline day quiz
- Cox: Best Premier League deals | Delaney: Grades
- Miller: Why do clubs panic buy? | Mourinho's blame game
- Messi and Ronaldo shut out again | Liga weekend lessons
- Premier League highlights (U.S.) | TOTW | Power Rankings
- ESPN FC TV: Buzz of deadline day | Twitter reaction
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | Fantasy | FC Podcast
A statement from Valencia said: "Ryan underwent arthroscopic surgery to resolve problems in his right meniscus. The surgery was satisfactory."