European Club Association (ECA) chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge thinks that Europe's clubs deserve to be compensated if the 2022 Qatar World Cup is staged in November and December.
A FIFA task force ruled out the possibility of playing the tournament in May and said a clash with the Winter Olympics, held in January, would be undesirable.
- Chaudhary: Effect of winter World Cup on leagues
- FC TV: Could winter World Cup spark war with clubs?
- Marcotti: November-December not a good option
- FIFA task force backs winter World Cup in 2022
- ECA wants compensation for winter World Cup
- FIFA VP Boyce backs replays on pen incidents
The task force, led by Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa, said that the tournament should therefore take place in November and December and could be shortened,...