Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho in squad for Sion after hamstring injury
Philippe Coutinho is in the Liverpool squad for their final Europa League group game against Swiss side Sion on Thursday.
Coutinho, who has missed the club's last four matches with a hamstring problem, trained with the rest of the squad at Melwood on Wednesday before setting off for Switzerland.
Lucas Leiva, Joe Allen and Alberto Moreno also trained but did not make the trip.
Winger Jordon Ibe did not travel because of illness, while striker Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out for several weeks after suffering a hamstring strain in Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Newcastle.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Moreno's absence could mean a start for 21-year-old left-back Brad Smith, whose future at the club looked over after he rejected a new contract in the summer only to then agree one in November.
Manager Jurgen Klopp's other alternative is to play right-back Nathaniel Clyne on the opposite flank and use Connor Randall on the right.
As the team were preparing to fly out from Liverpool, the club announced that both Randall and third-choice goalkeeper Ryan Fulton had signed new contracts that extend their stays until summer 2019.