Kagawa to use frustration as 'trigger'
Shinji Kagawa says he wants to use the frustration of last season "as a trigger" to improve in the coming campaign.
Kagawa, 25, endured a difficult spell under David Moyes and made just 14 starts in the Premier League. He has failed to settle in England since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in June 2012 and played only two of Japan's three games in the 2014 World Cup group stages.
ENTER NOW: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Q&A: Time to select your Premier League fantasy squad
- Sign up for our game and challenge your friends
- Join the Fantasy Football Scout league
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
However, despite the fact there will be no European football at Old Trafford this season, the Japanese midfielder is keen to impress new boss Louis van Gaal.
"When I look back, last season was tough," Kagawa said. "I will use that frustration as a trigger to express myself this season, challenging myself to do new things.
"I'll work hard to achieve goals and results. I'm really enjoying myself, it's my third year with United and I know my teammates very well."