2017/18 English League One, Regular Season
  • Charlie Wyke (58')
  • Shay McCartan (89')
  • Matthew Kilgallon (79')
  • Nathan Cameron (62')
  • George Miller (90'+5')

George Miller bags late Bury equaliser at Bradford

George Miller scored a dramatic stoppage-time equaliser as bottom club Bury claimed a 2-2 draw against 10-man Bradford City, who halted a run of six consecutive defeats in all competitions.
The home side, who this week sacked manager Stuart McCall, thought they had won the match when Northern Ireland international Shay McCartan put them in front for the second time after 89 minutes.
Former left-back Greg Leigh failed to cut out a long pass from substitute defender Nat Knight-Percival and McCartan took the ball round goalkeeper Connor Ripley before slotting it into the empty net.
However, Bury cut short their celebrations by equalising in the fifth minute of stoppage time when Harry Bunn headed the ball back into a crowded goalmouth for Miller to score with a close-range header.
Bradford had the best chance of a goalless first half in the 41st minute when Tim Dieng sent Dominica Poleon clear on goal, but Ripley came quickly off his line to block the shot.
Bradford pressurised the visitors' defence at the start of the second half and - after Tony McMahon saw his 20-yard free-kick clip the crossbar - they were rewarded with a goal after 57 minutes.
Alex Gilliead cut in from the right and his angled shot was turned into the net from close range by Dieng.
However, Bury equalised four minutes later after the Bradford defence failed to clear Bunn's right-wing corner.
Former Bradford striker James Hanson - on loan from Sheffield United - started on the bench for the Shakers and saw his header cleared off the line by Gilliead, but Nathan Cameron reacted quickly to score from the rebound.
Bradford were reduced to 10 men after 79 minutes when Matt Kilgallon was sent off for a second bookable offence after tripping Miller on the edge of the penalty area.

English League One Standings