2017/18 English League One, Regular Season
  • Ahmed Kashi (63')
  • Josh Magennis (78')
  • James Henry (76')
  • Todd Kane (89')
  • Ryan Ledson (90'+4')

Charlton Athletic 2-3 Oxford United

Oxford twice recovered from a goal down to earn a 3-2 victory at Charlton that undermined the hosts' pursuit of promotion from League One.
Karl Robinson's team had been lifted by an encouraging transfer window but after taking the lead through Ahmed Kashi and then Josh Magennis,
dropped three vital points to goals from James Henry, Todd Kane and then Ryan Ledson, the latter two in the final five minutes.
Charlton, whose match with Blackpool last week was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, remain seventh following the loss, four places above Oxford but two points outside of the top six.
The home side took a 63rd-minute lead when the determined Tariqe Fosu pressured the visiting defence into a failed clearance.
Possession fell to Magennis and as he lined up a shot he was brought down, but Kashi controlled the loose ball, and in space from just inside the area calmly finished into the bottom left corner, beyond the diving Simon Eastwood, for his first goal since August 2015.
Oxford's first goal, from Henry, came 13 minutes later. When fellow substitute Malachi Napa played the ball across the area towards him, Henry chose to shoot when he could have passed and struck into the bottom left corner.
Jay Dasilva then impressed to create Charlton's instant response, winning possession before crossing from the left wing towards Magennis, who from close range required only a routine finish to restore the lead.
Charlton still appeared vulnerable at the back though, and in the 89th minute conceded to debutant Kane, who powerfully struck from Ricardinho's cross to make it 2-2.
The winning goal, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, was Oxford's finest. Napa slid Isaac Buckley-Ricketts into a dangerous area, and after his pull-back to the impressive Ledson, the midfielder sidefooted in to secure all three points.