As so often happens in football, one man's misfortune can be just the stroke of luck another player needs. Unfortunately for Atletico Madrid, this misfortune comes in the news that midfield general, metronome and unsung hero Tiago has suffered a broken leg, ruling him out for at least the next four months.
The Portugal international has displayed some of the best form of his career throughout the past 18 months, putting in energetic, all-action displays more akin to that of a 24-year-old as opposed...
Nuno left his role as Valencia coach after his side lost 1-0 to Sevilla and were reduced to nine men.
Sevilla, who lost 4-2 to Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League in midweek, should have had more to show for their dominance than Sergio Escudero's second-half volley as the visitors had Joao Cancelo and Javi Fuego sent off.
And Nuno revealed his departure in his post-game press conference, saying: "It has been an honour to coach Valencia."
Sevilla were on the front foot throughout but had...
Nuno has resigned as Valencia manager, the Portuguese coach announced on Sunday.
Nuno, who took charge at the Mestalla in June of 2014, guided Valencia to a Champions League place last season. But he has seen his side slump to a disappointing ninth place this campaign.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Heroes and Villains: Pardew's day of joy, Costa's bib fit
- Delaney: Chelsea, Spurs draw | Mourinho on Costa | TOTW
- Macintosh: Arsenal lose points, players | Ratings | Mariner
- Brewin: Man City earn win | Miller: Leicester hold Man United
- Neymar stars for Barca | Madrid get a win | Bayern march on
- FC TV: Man United stalling | Vardy is complete | Pep's future
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"The situation is not good and I'm an employee of the club," the former Rio Ave said following his side's 1-0 loss at Sevilla on Sunday.
"It has been an honour to coach Valencia. I want to thank all the players for their efforts...