William Carvalho to stay at Sporting Libson despite Arsenal talk - Jesus
Reported Arsenal target William Carvalho will be remaining at Sporting Lisbon, according to manager Jorge Jesus.
Carvalho, 23, has been linked with a move to Arsenal after enjoying an impressive European Under-21 Championship with Portugal.
But Jesus, who became Sporting boss this summer after leaving Benfica, is confident the midfielder will be part of his squad for next season.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Jesus is quoted by the Daily Express as telling Portuguese television network SIC: "William is a certainty. Sporting has young people who are already certainties, are not hopes or doubts. William will be enhanced if the team is also.
"Only players value the team respond to winning titles. He's a player with features to play more. I have no doubt that with me will play more."
Last week, Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim ruled his side out of the chase for Carvalho, claiming he is too expensive for the Ligue 1 side.