Goran Pandev jumped at chance to sign for Genoa from Galatasaray
Genoa forward Goran Pandev said he did not listen to any other offer after the Ligurian club made contact with him this summer.
The former Lazio, Inter Milan and Napoli attacker is now back in Serie A after spending last season with Galatasaray.
He only made a handful of appearances for the Turkish club and was keen for a chance to return to Italy.
When it came from Genoa coach Gian Piero Gasperini, Pandev says he did not have to hesitate.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"I already knew Gasperini from my previous experience [with him at Inter Milan] and I knew how he works in such a meticulous way," Pandev said from Genoa's preseason training camp, reports Tuttosport.
"When I spoke to him on the phone and he put the offer to me, I gave him my word and I didn't want to know about any other offer."
The Macedonian has scored 73 goals in 318 Serie A appearances and the 31-year-old is now aiming to add to that tally and help Genoa realise their ambitions.
"I hope to do my best and above all to help Genoa have such a good season as the last one," Pandev said.
"We can do great things, but it's still early to say where we might end up. I'm delighted to have found a group of lads like this and to work so much on a physical basis, and not only that.
"This is what I needed after the season I had with Galatasaray, to get back into top gear and rediscover my gloss."