Angel Di Maria signing 'close' - PSG boss Laurent Blanc
Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has told media he is "rather positive" Angel Di Maria will soon join the Ligue 1 champions from Manchester United.
Di Maria has remained in Argentina -- rather than team up with United on their preseason tour of north America -- while the deal is being negotiated.
L'Equipe claimed earlier this week that a €63 million (£44.8m) fee has been agreed for the 27-year-old and that his agent, Jorge Mendes, is in talks with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi regarding the details of the contract.
However, The Guardian has since reported that PSG have offered only €40m (£28.5m), which falls short of United's valuation of the Argentina international.
Ahead of Wednesday's friendly with United in Chicago, though, Blanc told media he is confident he will be able to count the former Benfica and Real Madrid man in his ranks soon.
"The matter is close to being finished," the PSG boss said. "I'm rather positive about it but, in transfers, we have seen what can happen -- so as long as it's not official...
"When I tell you that, it's the truth. The most important thing is to see him in the PSG squad. But as you know, he belongs to a great club called Manchester United. Be patient!"
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Di Maria, who is still nursing a thigh injury sustained at the Copa America, would become PSG's third recruit of the summer following the signings of Kevin Trapp and Benjamin Stambouli.
Louis van Gaal has said he would like Di Maria to remain at Old Trafford, but Marca reported on Tuesday that United are already negotiating a deal to sign Barcelona winger Pedro as his replacement.
Sources had previously told ESPN FC that United were set to begin negotiations and were hopeful of completing a deal for Pedro by the middle of this week.