Liverpool striker Fabio Borini set to join Fiorentina as clubs hold talks
Liverpool are in talks with Fiorentina over the transfer of Fabio Borini, according to Press Association Sport.
Borini, 24, is set to make a permanent switch to La Viola, who were in England on Wednesday for a friendly against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The Italian, who has one senior cap to his name, has struggled to make much of an impact for Liverpool since joining them in 2012 as one of Brendan Rodgers' first signings at Anfield.
His Premier League record with the Reds stands at only eight starts among a total of 25 appearances, and just two goals.
He spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Sunderland and scored seven top-flight goals for the Wearsiders, as well as netting three times in their run to the Capital One Cup final, but subsequently opted not to join them on a permanent deal and instead returned to Merseyside.
Borini made his senior debut with Chelsea in 2009, had a short loan spell at Swansea in 2010-11 and then went on to play for Roma before making his move to Merseyside.
Fiorentina finished the 2014-15 season in fourth place in Serie A.