Manchester United's Jonny Evans a West Bromwich Albion target
Manchester United defender Jonny Evans is a target for West Bromwich Albion before the close of the transfer window.
Evans, 27, has an uncertain future at Old Trafford with the Northern Ireland international yet to feature in the side so far this season.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
United manager Louis van Gaal has yet to pick Evans in any of his matchday squads with Paddy McNair preferred on the bench and the versatile Daley Blind being utilised in central defence rather than at left-back or central midfield.
Sources told ESPN FC last month that United are open to letting a player who came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford move on before the close of the transfer window.
The news alerted a number of clubs to Evans' possible availability with Stoke, Newcastle and Everton all keeping tabs on his situation, although Toffees boss Roberto Martinez has ruled out a move.
However, West Brom are hoping to win the race for Evans with Tony Pulis making the defender his top target.
Pulis is in the market for defensive reinforcements as doubts surround the future of Joleon Lescott, with Aston Villa trying to sign the 33-year-old.