Arsenal fly out to seal Mohamed Elneny signing from Basel - sources
Arsenal officials have flown to Switzerland to tie up the move for Basel midfielder Mohamed Elneny, sources have told ESPN FC.
Elneny, who is expected to cost around £7 million, has already passed a medical and but the transfer has been held up as Arsenal wait on international clearance and a work permit.
Sources have told ESPN FC that an Arsenal delegation has now flown out to Basel in an effort to tie up the loose ends of the deal and finalise the move.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Elneny is set to sign a four-and-a-half year deal at the Emirates as Arsenal look to complete their first capture of the January transfer window.
The 23-year-old, who left El Mokawloon in 2013, has impressed for Basel since his arrival in Europe, helping the club win three consecutive Swiss Super League titles.