Claudio Beauvue Lyon exit talks ongoing - president Jean-Michel Aulas
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says that striker Claudio Beauvue has not yet been given the green light to leave the club but that discussions are ongoing about the summer signing's future.
Beauvue, 27, joined Lyon for a reported fee of over €5 million after an excellent final season at Guingamp, during which he found the net 17 times in Ligue 1 and five times in the Europa League.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
With his new club struggling this season, however, the Guadeloupe native has failed to settle, managing six goals in all competitions.
Celta Vigo were close to ending his stay at last season's Ligue 1 runners-up, but the Spanish side have so far failed to meet Lyon's asking price.
And Aulas revealed that he held up negotiations at the weekend after Beauvue used his goal celebration during Lyon's 4-1 win over Troyes to hit back at home supporters who were unhappy with him.
"We wanted for Celta Vigo or others -- because there are other candidates, notably English -- to bring us as much as we paid Guingamp," Aulas told RMC.
"But me personally, I would have liked to keep Claudio. I like him a lot. He scored 27 goals last year [in all competitions] -- he's not just anybody.
"He's a very good player but he's lacking confidence. For the moment, he doesn't have our blessing to leave."
Since Beauvue apologised -- as requested by Aulas -- via Twitter, the Lyon president said he would now "see what it's possible to do."
je tiens a m'excuser auprès des fidèles supporters lyonnais que j'ai pu heurter et que je remercie pour leur soutien.- Claudio Beauvue (@CBeauvue) January 9, 2016
Aulas also confirmed that Burkina Faso centre-back Bakary Kone, 27, is likely to leave the club this month.