Chelsea have joined Inter Milan in Ezequiel Lavezzi race - agent
Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent has said the Paris Saint-Germain attacker is in talks with Chelsea but Inter Milan remain favourites for his signature.
Argentina international Lavezzi, whose contract is due to expire in the summer, has been linked with a move away from PSG in the January window, with Inter boss Roberto Mancini having signalled an interest.
However, agent Alessandro Moggi, who represents the 30-year-old along with Alejandro Mazzoni, has now claimed Chelsea have entered the race for the former Napoli star's signature.
"Inter are certainly showing the greatest interest in the player, but there are also many other clubs in Europe keen on him, including Chelsea and Barcelona," Moggi told Sport Mediaset.
"We are talking to Chelsea."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
L'Equipe reported last week that PSG were unlikely to let Lavezzi leave this winter since they are still involved in four competitions.
Moggi added that it was possible Lavezzi would remain at the Parc des Princes, saying: "Maybe he will even leave next summer, without forgetting that even PSG have expressed their intention of renewing his contract."
ESPN FC's Italy correspondent, Ben Gladwell, contributed to this report.