No Ezequiel Lavezzi January exit from PSG amid Chelsea, Inter links - agent
Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent says that the Paris Saint-Germain forward could be on his way back to Serie A this summer, but has ruled out a January exit amid interest from Chelsea and Inter Milan.
Lavezzi, 30, can leave PSG on a free transfer at the end of the season with his contract set to expire this summer, and Italy could be the former Napoli forward's chosen destination.
Sources told ESPN FC on Thursday that Chelsea are unlikely to sign Lavezzi in January despite their interest in the forward, with PSG unwilling to consider selling him in the current transfer window.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Sources in Italy have told ESPN FC that Inter remain favourites to land Lavezzi, but agent Alejandro Mazzoni says a move is not going to happen until July at the earliest since the Ligue 1 champions are not ready to let him go.
"He still has six months on his contract and we'll have to see about what happens after," Mazzoni told Italy's Mediaset television. "He's not going anywhere in January. He likes Italian football a lot so we'll just have to see.
"Inter have always been interested in him. I speak with [Inter's sporting director Piero] Ausilio a lot because he's a friend, but only to talk about the transfer market."
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Lavezzi has made just three starts in Ligue 1 this season and is almost certain to move on when his contract expires.
Juventus and AC Milan have also reportedly signalled an interest, with Mazzoni saying it is "only normal that all of the top clubs want to know how the situation is" when a player's contract is expiring.
"There aren't that many clubs who can afford Lavezzi," Mazzoni added. "He's not got anything specific in mind -- he will consider the best offer and the best project."