Alexandre Pato set to complete Chelsea loan move - sources
Chelsea are set to complete the signing of Brazil striker Alexandre Pato on loan, sources have told ESPN FC.
Sources told ESPN FC last week that Chelsea had lined up a move for Corinthians forward Pato as they look to bolster their attacking options.
Pato's future has been the subject of speculation for some time with Corinthians ready to let the 26-year-old leave.
Pato, who has made 27 appearances for the Brazil national team, joined Corinthians from AC Milan in 2013 but spent the last two years on loan at Sao Paulo before returning to his parent club last month.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A number of clubs across Europe have been linked with a move for the former AC Milan star, but the player has not hidden his desire to move to the Premier League.
Chelsea have held a long-term interest in Pato and they have decided to push through a deal to sign the skilful attacker on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.
Pato will become Chelsea's first signing during this month's loan window and his arrival will boost Guus Hiddink's attacking options.