Serdar Tasci joins Bayern Munich on loan from Spartak Moscow
Bayern Munich have signed centre-back Serdar Tasci on loan from Spartak Moscow.
Tasci, 28, will initially join Bayern until the end of the season but the German champions will have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Bayern had said they were not expecting to reinforce the defence in light of the injuries sustained by Jerome Boateng and Javi Martinez but seized the opportunity to bring in Tasci, who was also linked with Schalke.
"We're delighted at the opportunity to bring a player like Serdar Tasci to FC Bayern at short notice," sporting director Matthias Sammer told the club's official website.
"Thanks to his quality and experience, he's in a position to help us at once."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Tasci, who has made 14 appearances for Germany, said: "I'm feeling very good and I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. I hope I can be of assistance to the team."
Tasci had started 16 of Spartak's 18 league games this season prior to the move.