Previous
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
2
1
FT
Game Details
Burnley
AFC Bournemouth
0
0
LIVE HT
Game Details
Crystal Palace
Newcastle United
1
0
LIVE HT
Game Details
Sheffield United
Brighton & Hove Albion
1
1
LIVE HT
Game Details
Southampton
Aston Villa
1
0
LIVE HT
Game Details
Leicester City
Manchester City
9:30 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

No recent activity

LIVE Transfer Talk: Barca to replace Suarez with Real Sociedad's Willian Jose?

The winter transfer window is closed -- but now it's time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around following the Jan. 31 deadline day.

TOP STORY: Barca hoping to replace Suarez with Willian Jose

Barcelona have their eyes set on Jose. No, not Mourinho, but Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose.

Marca reports that Barcelona have been eyeing the player as a replacement for injured forwards Luis Suarez and Ousmane Dembele, with the club set to find out next week just how long the latter will be out of action. Barca can then obtain approval from the FA to sign a Spanish-based replacement -- and the 28-year-old could prove to be the perfect solution.

Getting the deal over the line, though, could be tricky. Marca reports that Jose's release clause stands at an eye-watering €70 million, and the Basque side look set to dig their heels in to ensure that they get every penny of that. The Brazilian, who was linked with a move to Tottenham early this month, has scored eight goals in La Liga so far this season, despite finding himself on the bench behind Alexander Isak in recent weeks.

Barcelona will hope the promise of more playing time and Jose's previous time with new coach Quique Setien at Las Palmas in 2015-16 will work in their favour. Setien also tried to sign Jose when he was in the dugout at Real Betis and is a big admirer of the striker. Alaves and ex-Arsenal frontman Lucas Perez are also believed to be on Barca's radar.

LIVE BLOG

22.15 GMT: So will Barca replace Luis Suarez with ... Luis Suarez

The other Suarez plays for Spanish second division side Real Zaragoza, on loan from Watford. The Colombian player has 14 goals in 24 matches for Zaragoza, but the club president has said that any potential transfer would need to be handled by Premier League bottom dwellers Watford. 

Maybe best to let this rumour go, as "Suarez to Barcelona" could have made for a fairly confusing headline.

21.15 GMT: Wolves star Adama Traore has been linked to a move back to Barcelona, where he came up in the academy. ESPN FC's Steve Nicol breaks down whether it could work:

20.00 GMT: PSG coach Thomas Tuchel said that he hopes Thiago Silva and Thomas Meunier will remain with the club despite ongoing contract issues with the two.

"I see them as very professional players. Thomas plays a lot, he is super important for us. Both are awesome and I'm glad they're here ... Contracts are not things that a coach decides. It happens between the agents, the families and the club too. There are several opinions, and for me it doesn't change anything."

Both players have deals that expire in June, and Meunier had been linked with Manchester United. 

19.45 GMT: Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani seems set for a free transfer to Atletico Madrid in the summer, but the Uruguayan player hasn't taken a move to England off the table. Manchester United and Chelsea were rumoured to have to have interest in Cavani in January, but he has since remained in Paris. L'Equipe says Atleti still the favourites come June, but the Premier League could still be an option for him. 

19:00 GMT: Another name to add to the Barca watch is Betis player Loren Moron. The 26-year-old star has a strong connection with Setien, having debuted under the Barca boss back when he was in charge of the Andalusian club. And with the two sides squaring up each other on Sunday, it will give Setien another close look at the versatile playmaker. 

18.15 GMT: Staying with Barcelona, it seem as though the Catalans tried to bring back legend Andres Iniesta during the winter window. 

According to Sport, the veteran midfielder and winner of every Spanish title you can basically think of would have brought some stability to the troubled La Liga side.  

There will be no Nou Camp reunion in the cards, but Iniesta can take solace in his Japan Super Cup triumph on Saturday with current club Vissel Kobe -- a match that saw nine straight missed penalties!

15.54 GMT: The Telegraph reports that Arsenal could make a move for Algeria international Said Benrahma this summer.

The newspaper claims that the Gunners are admirers of the attacker who has impressed this season for Championship side Brentford.

14.42 GMT: Manchester United and Everton are both interested in signing Sporting Lisbon teenager Rafael Camacho, according to Football Insider.

The 19-year-old, who left Liverpool to rejoin the Portuguese outfit in a deal worth £7m last year, has also reportedly been watched by Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.

There could be another summer transfer saga involving a Sporting midfielder...

12.32 GMT: This would be some strikeforce at Manchester City ...

11.38 GMT: Tottenham left-back Danny Rose left the club to join Newcastle on loan in January and now he's revealed why. Jose Mourinho.

"I do feel I wasn't given as much of a chance as everybody else in the backline. I did want to play for him [Mourinho] ... I thought I'd continue playing," Rose told the BBC. "I knew after a month [of Mourinho joining] I was never going to play. It was difficult going out to train knowing I wasn't going to play.

"It's not worked out, but full respect to him and what he's doing at the club. He took over with the club 12 points adrift of Chelsea [now in fourth place] and now it's four. I have to be honest, I thought I would continue playing."

11.03 GMT: Jorginho loves playing under Maurizio Sarri; Maurizio Sarri loves having Jorginho on his team.

So it's not a mega surprise that Juventus are being linked with the Chelsea midfielder now.

"Everything can happen in the transfer market," his agent Joao Santos told Tutto Juve. "Jorghinho has three years remaining on his Chelsea contract and the priority is clearly to stay here but we can also look at leaving the club in July.

"And, in that hypothesis, we would look at various possibilities from Italy, France, England. Why not Juventus? It is the biggest club in Italy, has won the most in the past few years. We wouldn't say no to the Bianconeri."

10.30 GMT: Arsene Wenger is at the top of the shortlist for the vacant presidency role at Rennes after the surprise departure of Olivier Letang on Friday, sources have confirmed to ESPN.

Rennes are owned by the Pinaults, one of the richest families in the world who also own companies like Gucci and Yves St Laurent, and they believe their can convince the former Arsenal manager to join their club.

Wenger, 70, was recently named the new FIFA technical director but he always made it clear to the international federation that if a club offered him a good opportunity, he would take it.

10.02 GMT: Just the news that all Arsenal fans wanted to hear ... The club are reportedly keen on Brentford winger Said Benrahma.

The 24-year-old Algerian has impressed this season but the Sun reckons that the Gunners will be fighting Leicester to sign him for around £15m.

09.50 GMT: It's no secret Barcelona want rid of Philippe Coutinho.

Bayern Munich have a €120m option to buy him when his loan expires in the summer, but Mundo Deportivo reports that the 27-year-old Brazilian could be allowed to leave for as little as €80m if they get a bid in that area.

09.00 GMT: Gareth Bale's agent has insisted his client still has a future at Real Madrid after the forward was left out of the squad for their last two games despite being fully fit.

"Madrid want Gareth Bale," Jonathan Barnett said in an interview with AS. "There's no problem between [coach Zinedine] Zidane and Gareth. He loves Real Madrid, it doesn't matter what they say about him."

The Wales international has faced fierce criticism in Spain for his injury record and another newspaper, Marca, claimed on Saturday that Zidane feels Bale lacks intensity in training.

"Gareth has gone through a lot. He's had a lot of injuries and they worry him," Barnett admitted. "He can't train too much, not five days a week. That should be managed appropriately. But he can play."

Bale was close to leaving Real Madrid last summer until a last minute change of plans saw the club pull the plug on a move to China.

"He had an offer that was impossible to refuse, but Madrid didn't want to sell him," Barnett said. "The Chinese club couldn't pay what Madrid asked for the transfer ... It would have made him the best paid player in the world."

PAPER TALK (by Rich Edwards)

West Ham to lose Rice in the summer?

David Moyes has admitted that Declan Rice could be off in the summer as West Ham's fortunes continue to nosedive. That's according to the Telegraph, which reports that a player Moyes rates as the best holding midfielder in the country could seek a move as soon as the summer transfer window opens, regardless of whether West Ham stay up or go down.

Rice has played every league minute this season for West Ham, but the natives at the Olympic Stadium are restless, with the club in the bottom three and facing the real possibility of dropping to the second tier.

Rice is not short of suitors, including Man City, Man United and Chelsea, given his form while others have struggled for club.

Juve trying to avoid another Dybala standoff

Juventus are attempting to avoid another summer of "will he, won't he" when it comes to Paolo Dybala and want to tie him down to a long-term deal to ward off Premier League suitors. The Argentine star was linked with moves to Spurs, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid but has since emerged as a key figure Bianconeri under Maurizio Sarri.

Now, according to Tuttosport, the Turin giants want to make sure he's in it for the long haul with contract negotiations likely to start as early as March. All of which might cause considerably consternation among those English clubs still hoping to lure him to the Premier League.

Tap-ins

- Real Madrid will make up their mind over Martin Odegaard's future once they have a clearer idea of Luca Modric's plans. That's according to Marca, which reports that Los Blancos won't make any decision on extending Odegaard's loan deal with Real Sociedad until they know if Modric intends to jump ship and head to Inter Milan this summer.

Modric, who will be 35 in September, has a deal with Madrid that runs until June 2021, although Marca claims that he could double his salary with a move to the Nerazzurri. In the meantime, Odegaard is revelling in his role in San Sebastian. Both player and club, it seems, will have to wait and see what happens next.

- MLS runner-up Toronto FC have a new designated player. The Reds announced on Friday that they have signed Argentine winger Pablo Piatti from Espanyol as their third DP. Piatti, 30, has played in Spain since 2008 with Almeria, Valencia and Espanyol, amassing 60 goals and 60 assists in 367 games.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.