Previous
RB Leipzig
Hertha Berlin
9:30 AM UTC
Game Details
FC Augsburg
SC Paderborn 07
11:30 AM UTC
Game Details
FC Union Berlin
Mainz
11:30 AM UTC
Game Details
Fortuna Düsseldorf
Schalke 04
11:30 AM UTC
Game Details
TSG Hoffenheim
FC Cologne
11:30 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

No recent activity

LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona see Lazio's Luiz Felipe as heir to Pique

The coronavirus outbreak has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the new rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.

TOP STORY: Barca target Felipe to replace Pique

Barcelona have been one of the busiest clubs during the coronavirus when it comes to making plans for next season, and Sport have linked them with Lazio defender Luiz Felipe.

- Stream new episodes of ESPN FC Monday-Friday on ESPN+
Stream every episode of 30 for 30: Soccer Stories on ESPN+

The Spanish newspaper believes the Blaugrana have been tracking the 23-year-old defender for some time, and are willing to pay €40 million to obtain his services.

Felipe cost Lazio just €1m three years ago but the Brazilian's form has seen him become hot property. He has been integral to Lazio's form as they've challenged Juventus and Inter Milan at the top of the Serie A table. Lazio are currently just one point behind Juve with 12 games to go, and their defensive line has been a major factor behind their form.

Barcelona are looking for a new centre-back. Gerard Pique is 33 and so at some stage will need replacing, while Samuel Umtiti has suffered from various fitness issues.

LIVE BLOG

22.10 BST: Chelsea and Arsenal are battling to sign promising Lille centre-back Gabriel, while Everton are pushing hard to reach an agreement, sources have told ESPN.

21.03 BST: Seemingly without a future at parent club Inter, Mauro Icardi would prefer not to make his loan move to Paris Saint-Germain permanent, and Tuttosport reports that Atletico Madrid could be the surprise destination for the 27-year-old striker.

19.46 BST: Manchester United's interest in Jadon Sancho is well documented, but could Borussia Dortmund return to Mason Greenwood -- who they tried to sign last summer - as a part of any deal? Probably not, according to ESPN's Stephan Uersfeld.

18.29 BST: Barcelona could include French trio Ousmane Dembele, Samuel Umtiti and Jean-Clair Todibo in any proposal to Paris Saint-Germain that would see Neymar return to the Camp Nou, according to Catalan outlet Mundo Deportivo.

17.12 BST: Christian Pulisic joined Chelsea for a record £57.6m last year, becoming the most expensive American player in history, but what advice did his United States international teammate DeAndre Yedlin give him?

16.03 BST: Arsenal and Everton are eyeing up Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard, French news outlet Le10 Sport have reported.

Paris Saint-Germain and Dortmund are also reportedly targeting the French striker, who would available for around €40m.

14.50 BST: Inter Milan are targeting Manchester United striker Anthony Martial as a possible replacement for forward Lauturo Martinez, Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport have reported.

Inter were reportedly interested in Martial last summer but are now eyeing the France international as a possible replacement for Martinez, who is wanted by Barcelona and Real Madrid.

However, Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti said last week that he expects Martinez to stay at the club.

13.24 BST: Juventus pair Gianluigi Buffon and Giorgio Chiellini are ready to sign contract extensions at the club, Sky Italy journalist Fabrizio Romano has reported.

The Italian pair are reportedly set to agree deals that will keep them at the club until June 2021.

Buffon will look to extend his 25-year career after making 667 appearances for Juventus in all competitions during his two stints at the club, while Chiellini has made 509 appearances.

12.00 BST: Real Madrid's priority in the next transfer window is to sign a striker to replace the void left by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo in 2018, sources have told ESPN.

There's an acceptance, both at boardroom level and inside the dressing room, that the team needs more goals, club sources have said.

Madrid's players have been watching with interest as a number of high-profile strikers have been linked to the club, despite transfer planning being on hold due to uncertainty around the coronavirus pandemic.

11.19 BST: Manchester United target Federico Chiesa's club Fiorentina have opened the way for him to leave when he wants, according to the Italian side's president.

Chiesa has scored seven goals this season for La Viola, as well as opening his account for Italy's national team. According to The Sun, that form had led United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to send scouts to watch the 22-year-old play.

The same newspaper quotes Fiorentina president Rocco Commisso as saying: "I want players who are happy to stay. As far as Chiesa is concerned, I promised him that if the right offer arrives and he wants to leave, we can satisfy him.

"In recent months we haven't talked about it, but the situation in Florence has also changed in his eyes. The goal is to make a stronger team for the next year -- and doing better in the league."

10.35 BST: Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has told ESPN that he rates Wolves striker Raul Jimenez highly, adding: "I can see him playing for us."

Jimenez, 28, scored 13 Premier League goals in his first season in England last term, leading to his loan move from Benfica being made permanent in a £33m deal at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.

The Mexico international had already matched that total after 29 league appearances this term, plus another nine strikes in the Europa League, before football was shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"For a striker he is so mobile, but also physically so good and talented technically on the ball," Gundogan told ESPN's "Ahora o Nunca" show. "I think he is everything a world class striker needs.

"Maybe [he's] not on that level yet, but he reminds me a little bit of [Robert] Lewandowski. I can see him playing for us."

09.47 BST: Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona will have to pay £35m if any of them want to sign Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Onana, 24, made a name for himself across Europe last season as he helped the Dutch club to reach the Champions League semifinals as well as claim a domestic league and cup double.

The Cameroon international has two years remaining on his contract, enabling Ajax to demand a sizable fee for a goalkeeper they signed as a 15-year-old from Barca's youth set-up.

09.00 BST: Lionel Messi, Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Frenkie de Jong are the only players safe at Barcelona this summer as the Catalan club predict less spending and more player exchanges as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, sources have told ESPN.

Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu insisted last month that the club would still be "capable" of landing the game's best players, but he warned deals could be structured in a very different way after the crisis.

Barcelona have already committed to two transfers that will be completed in the summer. Forward Francisco Trincao will move to Camp Nou from Braga in a €30 million deal and Las Palmas midfielder Pedri will join for an initial €5m.

However, sources have told ESPN that the club continue to target another attacker and an internal debate has developed over whether it will still be possible to sign Lautaro Martinez or Neymar -- or even both -- when the window opens.

There is also a desire to sign a right-back, a centre-back to replace Gerard Pique in the long term and a physical midfielder.

PAPER TALK (by Nick Judd): Neto up for grabs to help Barca bolster coffers

Sticking with Barcelona, they're not just looking at signing players, they're also hoping to trim their squad. To that end, goalkeeper Neto is up for grabs, reports Mundo Deportivo.

Neto joined the club from Valencia only last summer for €26m -- with Jasper Cillessen heading to the Mestalla in the opposite direction -- but has had few opportunities to shine, such has been the form and reliance on Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

And now Neto faces fresh competition for back up from Inaki Pena, a 21-year-old former Alicante player who has often featured on the bench for Barca and who has grown up at the club playing in Barca's style.

Barcelona have been rumoured to be looking at former player and current Ajax keeper Andre Onana, who is expected to leave the Dutch club this summer.

However, with Barca's sights set on either Lautaro Martinez or Neymar, and the coronavirus situation placing them under financial pressure, they're looking to replenish their transfer kitty.

Barca, Madrid to lose Torres to Dortmund?

Borussia Dortmund are looking to sign Ferran Torres from Valencia, reports Le10sport.

The 20-year-old winger has been one of Valencia's top stars this season and he has been a target for some of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Torres has one year left on his contract and so Dortmund, along with many others, will be looking to get him for a cut-price deal, with Valencia keen to avoid losing him on a free in 12 months time. 

Tap-ins

- Young central defender Tanguy Kouassi could be on the verge of leaving Paris Saint-Germain to join RB Leipzig, reports RMC Sport journalist Loic Tanzi. A PSG graduate, he has been given his first chance by Thomas Tuchel this season but is yet to sign his first professional contract. And with Leipzig looking for replacements ahead of the expected departure of Dayot Upamecano this summer, Louassi has emerged as their top target. 

- RB Leipzig also lead the chase for Werder Bremen's Milot Rashica, according to the Weser-Kurier. Rashica is looking to play Champions League football next season and reports suggest that he could stay in Germany, with talks with Leipzig believed to be advanced to the extent that a move could be announced in April. Rashica has been linked with Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund, but the 23-year-old is said to favour Leipzig, where he'll replace the outgoing Timo Werner.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.